The COVID-19 effect is changing the landscape of how the entire world operates. In particular, it is directly affecting the way that you and I live our lives. Fact is, every facet of our existence has changed. Including how we interact with our families and friends, and even our livelihood. Interestingly, we even have pandemic buzzwords now! Such as social distancing, self-quarantine and isolation. Those terms, too, have become the new norm.
But, for accounting firms to get through this Coronavirus pandemic, that will require discipline, innovation and a mix of strategies both old and new. Moreover, with other new norms like the stay-at-home order and working from home, staff may struggle with new responsibilities.
E- Learning with the School of Audit
In particular, year one staff may feel added burden to get up to speed with the way things are done at your firm. Are you properly preparing your recent new hires to be successful during these trying times? Likely, as part of audit new hire training, you may pair a new hire with a more seasoned employee to learn the proverbial ropes. However, working remotely makes the on-boarding process much more difficult.
Here is how Wolters Kluwer School of Audit can help!
School of Audit New Hire Training – Web Based
One of our role based programs focuses on the challenges that new hire staff will experience in their first year of audit. Best of all, we offer this as a web-based program!
This four-day program is for new hires fresh out of college to experienced staff. Key areas that the program focuses on are:
- Professional expectations for the public accounting industry and for entry-level staff.
- Understanding the engagement process, from why planning is necessary and best practices for field work, to efficiently wrapping up the audit.
- Industry terminology and workpaper preparation and documentation skills.
- Low-risk audit area case study work – including cash, fixed assets, accounts payables, inventory observation and more.
- Industry leading new user training and tips for CCH ProSystem fx Engagement and introduction to TeamMate Analytics (data extraction tool).
To conclude, the COVID-19 effect upon us, changing the landscape of how we live and work. Therefore, this is a great time to ensure that your staff is getting the best training available. With our web-based program, your new hires get properly trained in all aspects to ensure their success as quickly as possible. Sign up now!
Wolters Kluwer is right by your side to help you stay up to date with audit, tax and compliance changes to support your ability to work remotely. Please visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Page for Tax & Accounting Professionals. #ForwardTogether