Work—and almost everything else—looks different these days, with COVID-19 related “stay at home” orders and social distancing. Just a few years ago, workers wouldn’t have had access to the systems they needed to do their jobs. But now, thanks to the cloud, remote work solutions are helping firms conduct business as usual under this “new normal.”
With the tax deadline extended to July 15, the time is now to find and implement remote work solutions so that business can continue seamlessly. Business continuity solutions need to address two main categories: remote client collaboration and firm staffing and workflow. Let’s take a look at how cloud-based solutions help firms close the gaps that may exist in these unusual times.
Remote Client Collaboration
Even when you’re not meeting clients face to face, you can ensure that the tax process is working seamlessly and securely with these solutions.
- CCH™ eSign allows clients to securely sign engagement letters, consent forms, and Form 8879.
- Share files with clients using secure, two-way portals fully integrated with CCH Axcess™ Tax and CCH® ProSystem fx® Tax. Both have long-term storage, two-factor authentication, drag and drop uploads, and email notifications.
- For one-off file sharing with clients and third parties, the Share Safe feature built into CCH Axcess Document stores documents for just 30 days.
- End-to-end 1040 tax return with CCH Axcess Client Collaboration covers every step from engagement letters to return delivery.
Firm Staffing and Workflow
Unexpected staffing shortfalls due to the coronavirus could mean that staff who might already be struggling with working from home are seeing their workloads increase. However, there are a few ways cloud-enabled solutions can help:
- Automate data entry. Use CCH ProSystem fx Scan with AutoFlow to scan source documents and export data to the tax return. The result? Returns might be as much as 70% complete before a preparer even looks at them!
- Mobile apps help staff members easily capture time spent on projects or client returns from anywhere.
- If you find your firm shorthanded, CCH ProSystem fx Outsource offers highly skilled on-shore and off-shore outsourced resources for tax preparation.
- Time to ditch the paper-heavy processes. Cloud solutions like CCH Axcess Workstream and CCH Axcess Document help manage tax workflow and related documents.
For more tips to ensure your business can move forward, even in these uncertain times, watch the “Business Continuity Tools for CCH Axcess Tax and CCH ProSystem fx Tax” webinar.