Although firm operations used to be an afterthought in accounting firms, more and more firms are taking a more structured approach. In fact, firm operations management, or the business of managing the firm, can be just as important as the actual client work your firm performs. While firm management was having its moment in the spotlight this past year, we created a number of resources to help firms looking to improve their operations. Here’s a look a the year in review.
The Basics of Firm Operations Management
Of course firm operations management covers a wide range of functions within an accounting firm. Consequently, these three ebooks demonstrate the breadth of concerns facing a firm manager.
- Firm Operations & Administration: Building a Strong Foundation for Successful Firms. Delve deep into how a cohesive internal structure can be the difference between success and failure.
- 5 Ways to Reshape Your Firm’s Culture. Learn the steps that you can take to build a culture that attracts and retains top employees, and as a result, translates to healthy client relations.
- Firm Operations: Office Productivity. Work through 9 firm operations projects your firm can work on to maximize efficiency.
Firm Management Technology Solutions
Meanwhile, with so many solutions available, every technology initiative starts with research. The following ebooks outline the important issues you need to think through when making a software decision.
- 3 Points to Fine Tune for Peak Firm Performance. Find out how a few adjustments to your time & billing can make a world of difference.
- Keys to Project Managements Success. Rethink your project management processes to lead your firm to success.
- 5 Essential Principles for Smart Document Management. Evaluate your document management and plan for improved productivity and profitability.
Firm Operations Webinar Series
The best way to learn about firm operations may be to hear directly from the people who do the work every day. Therefore, in this series of webinars, we partnered with our customers to explore some hot topics in firm operations management.
- Managing Information Technology in Accounting Firms. Learn about important information technology trends, for example security, business intelligence and technology planning.
- Embracing Business Development in Accounting Firms. Find out how firms are achieving high growth targets with marketing outreach and data analytics.
- Transforming Client Service. Discover how client needs are changing, and how this change is driving firms to transform the way they do business.
- Modernizing Processes & Efficiency. Plan to get ahead and stay ahead by maintaining a strong focus on efficiency and a willingness to embrace change.
- Building Firm Culture. Explore firm culture, staffing and human resources in accounting firms, including the role of HR in accounting firm operations and professional development strategies to benefit employees and the firm
Next Step: Get Ready for the Year Ahead
As the year finally comes to an end, it’s important to take some time to review the year that was. But most importantly, it’s never too early to start planning ahead.