I’m getting really excited for the CCH Connections User Conference. It’s one of my favorite events of the year. I get to catch up with old friends, meet new friends and learn about all the updates for the coming tax season. Did I mention it’s in Miami this year? Sally Hogshead, who developed the Fascination Advantage System, will be the closing keynote speaker at #CCHUC18 this year. The Fascination Advantage System describes 49 personality archetypes that help people understand and be understood by the people around them.
Have you ever wondered who you are and how you fit into your team? How many personality type tests have you done? I don’t know about you, but it never gets old for me. I feel like I know myself pretty well, but I love to see how my team results come out whenever I find a new test. It’s what makes you and your team members different that makes your team special. A little personal insight always helps leaders become better.
I took her Fascination Advantage Personality Test, and this is what I found out about me and my archetype.
Who am I? The Avant-Garde
How the World Sees You:
- You are a forward-thinking and enterprising leader.
- Your creativity makes you an excellent contributor to brainstorming sessions.
- You’re able to generate a lot of ideas. But you also choose the right ideas and implement them with attention to detail.
- You experiment with new ideas. You have a gift for looking ahead, for predicting how things are going to develop.
“Highest and Best Value” of the Avant-Garde:
- Your mind works quickly to develop unconventional solutions.
- You are a prolific idea generator, and you bring fresh interpretations of the same old thing.
- You tweak the game. If needed, you change the rules.
- You bring new ideas and execute them to a high standard.
What is Not the “Highest and Best Value” of the Avant-Garde:
- If others force you to follow the same routine over and over again, you’ll become bored and demoralized.
- You enjoy experimenting. You reinterpret the status quo.
- Avoid doing monotonous work. Others get the most out of you if you can tweak procedures, reinvent the rules, and create new business models.
Did she hit the nail on the head or what! I couldn’t have described myself better. I can’t wait to hear what she has to say about these archetypes in her closing keynote!
The CCH User Conference is always a great time, with lots of tax content, leadership training, and software update galore. It’s not just about how to get the most out of your software, but how to get the most out of your firm and how to help your clients get the most out of their businesses and lives. Lots of my favorite speakers, like Bill Sheridan and Tom Hood, will be there. And did I mention it’s on the beach in Miami? There’s still time to sign up and attend, but don’t wait too long.
So what is stopping you from joining me in Miami this year?
Wolters Kluwer is giving all #CHUC18 attendees free access to Sally Hogshead’s Fascination Advantage® System, which will be incorporated into her presentation! Take the test before the conference — it only takes a few minutes and it will help you understand how the world sees you. User Conference attendees will receive a special code in an email from the Wolters Kluwer conference team, with all the important info to know before heading to Miami for the conference. Those of you who have already registered received the code in an email on September 24th.