Although many firms continue to report staffing shortages, some of the most successful firms avoid this common problem. Their secret? When a firm has a winning office culture, they have no trouble attracting, and retaining, the best staff. But creating a great culture isn’t something that firms can do overnight. It takes time, dedication, and a strategic plan. A new ebook, Five Ways to Reshape Your Firm’s Culture, outlines several areas that firms can look to for improvement.
Finding the winning combination
The steps to creating a great office culture will vary depending on the firm’s unique characteristics. But there are a lot of options to consider. The new ebook is full of more than a dozen tips for improving your firm’s office culture. Here’s just a sample:
- Start with the fun stuff. A foosball table is superficial, but it doesn’t hurt!
- Stay current. Workflow technology changes fast. Don’t leave your employees in the weeds.
- Offer mobile and remote work options. Everyone else is doing it.
- Create autonomy and accountability. Give your staff opportunities to take ownership of their work.
- Eliminate unnecessary busywork. Nothing kills enthusiasm like redundant and tedious work.
Take the first step
Some of these tips will work for your firm, and some of them won’t. But when you understand all the options and variables available, you can start to put your plan into place.