(NEW YORK, NY, March 6, 2018) – Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting is now offering a series of self-study courses that focus on the implications of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Developed with the latest information on the new legislation, the self-study courses help inform and prepare professionals so they can understand the impacts and accurately address client questions.
Wolters Kluwer’s self-study courses are easy to use, interactive and mobile friendly. Attendees are able to work at their own pace and have instant access to online course materials. For a complete listing of the latest offerings, visit https://www.cchcpelink.com.
“Along with our popular webinars and electronic and print publications covering the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, our self-study courses are yet another timely, convenient resource that we are providing to help practitioners understand and prepare for the critical issues involved with tax reform,” said Matthew Daniel, Vice President of Learning, Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting, Research & Learning US.
Current courses available for registration include:
- International Tax Provisions in the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (2 CPE hours) – International tax issues were the driving force behind the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. This two-hour CPE course with Robert Misey and Benjamin Genzer helps professionals assist clients who have activities crossing international borders.
- Tax Credits for Individuals (1 CPE hour) – Focusing on tax credits for individuals, this two-credit self-study CPE Course provides an overview of the rules for claiming personal tax credits and highlights planning tips. This course includes an overview of the array of individual credits and the limitations that apply for each of these credits. It also reviews the due diligence requirements for paid preparers.
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Deep Dive: Part 1 (6 CPE hours) – This comprehensive six-hour course provides a more in-depth look at the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. In part one of this series, renowned tax expert and tax educator, John J. Connors, JD, CPA, LLM, covers all the bases, including analysis of the complex maze of new rules dealing with the provisions of Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Deep Dive: Part 2 (3 CPE hours) – In part two of this course, John Connors further discusses the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act with topics including: tax rates schedules, individual deductions, tax breaks, and other mandates. Client case studies are used to reinforce the tax implications of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Section 199A Qualified Business Income Under 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (2 CPE hours) –This course explores the 20-percent deduction for “qualified business income” that is effective for the 2018 tax year through Section 199A. This deduction applies to any business income earned outside a C corporation, so it will affect schedule C filers, and income earned in a partnership or an S corporation.
For more information on how to enroll, pricing, CPE credit and a full listing of topics that will be covered, please visit https://www.cchcpelink.com.