The increased traffic your site will have over the upcoming tax season will provide a lot more opportunities to help out new and existing clients. The clock is ticking, but don’t worry! You still have plenty of time to make some big improvements to your marketing website and put your best foot forward in 2018. Here are some of the easiest ways to get your site ready for prime time again.
5 tips to improve your marketing website
- Overhaul your entire website. If you’re using a content management service like WordPress or CCH Site Builder, changing your template is definitely the easiest way to have far-reaching effects on your site. If you are currently on an older template that isn’t mobile responsive, you really owe it to yourself to check out a newer template. With the click of a button you make your website look brand new!
- Careers. Are you looking for extra help in the office this tax season? Make a new page on your site that advertises your job openings. Just enter job information and an email address for submissions and you’re done!
- Appointment scheduler. CCH Site Builder and other CMSs offer easy ways to schedule appointments online. Placing a form like this on your website helps route your current and potential clients to your front door. This way, if your site visitors feel the initiative, they can reach out to you 24 hours a day.
- Email marketing. An easy way to stay engaged with your clients throughout the year (but especially during tax season) is through email marketing. Services like Constant Contact, MailChimp and Site Builder’s own eNewsletters can be a big help here. Once activated, these services will send an attractive marketing email to your list of subscribers with very little hassle on your part.
- Industries. Does your industry expertise set you apart from your competition? If so, highlight these on your website. Promoting niche expertise is a great way to attract clients that are looking for just the right tax professional to suit their needs. Be creative and personal when drafting this text. As a result, your site visitors will notice your expertise as well as your personality.