As 2017 ends, now is a good time to look back at a few of the year’s greatest hits. So as you plan for 2018, refer back to this list of the year’s best firm management resources.
Tax Season Firm Management Resources
- January. Damon Russel kicked off the year with a webinar for Accounting Today to help firms plan for the upcoming year. Document Management: a Tax Season Survival Guide helped firms understand how document management can streamline tax workflows.
- February. In February, The Radical CPA Jody Padar shared her plans for tax season. In addition, we kept you informed about the latest IRS warnings about information security.
- March. Ranica Arrowsmith of Accounting Today interviewed Dermody, Burke & Brown CPAs Director of Information and Document Management, Terry Gagliano, about CCH Axcess Portal. Gagliano said “You literally right-click and publish. We don’t have to create e-mails, create a file, make a password, and so on.”
- April. In April, we launched our Cool Culture Counts webinar series with CPA Practice Advisor and Welsey Middleton of MiddletonRaines+Zapata. The first session,“Making your firm a great place to work” discussed how physical environments impact firm culture. Also, we published three white papers: Document Management: A Tax Season Planning Guide, Connecting the Dots: Technology, Processes, Staff Retention and Client Satisfaction, and Focus on the Client: Developing a Client-Centered Firm.
Post-Tax Season Firm Management Resources
- May. In an Accounting Today article about document management, Kimberly Engstrom of Global Mobility Tax talked about CCH Axcess Document. She said, “We were stuck in old technology. We didn’t know that there were better things out there.” Then in a separate case study, Christina Stewart of Fuller Witcher & Company talked about CCH Axcess. In addition, Accounting Today hosted two webinars about improving client service with technology: Focus on the Client and Document Management: The Client Service Connection.
- June. The Cool Culture Counts webinar series with CCH Practice Advisor continued with Wesley Middleton leading a discussion about Building a Winning Team. Then, a case study featuring CCH Axcess customers Tronconi Segarra & Associates discussed how moving to the cloud helped the firm improve efficiency and security.
- July. Meanwhile, the third CPA Practice Advisor Cool Culture Counts webinar, called “Rallying the Troops” discussed how to inspire passion and excellence throughout your firm. Then, over at Accounting Today, Samantha Deal talked about how technology unites different goals within a firm in a webinar called “Connecting the Dots: Technology, Processes, Staff Retention and Client Satisfaction.”
- August. Right before extension season, our ebook, The Power of Portals, outlined the past, present and future of portals. Then, CPA Practice Advisor hosted the fourth installment of our Cool Culture Counts webinar. Called “A Purposeful Firm,” this session highlighted how to find a compelling vision for your firm. And Accounting Today published the results of its workflow survey, which noted that about 1/3 of all firms planned to implement digital workflow solutions in 2017. Workflow expert Samantha Deal noted, “With the rise of artificial intelligence and automation, workflow software will be more automated. Predictive scheduling and forecasting will be more and more critical. Projects will be able to move from task to task with less user intervention…”
Getting Ready for Tax Season
- September. The final Cool Culture Counts webinar,“Walking the Walk” discussed putting your vision into practice. A new ebook helped multi-office firms learn how to improve cohesiveness as well. And a case study featuring Randy Jentzsch & Company explained how the cloud helped solve the firm’s staffing challenges.
- October. Since October is the month of our CCH Connections User Conference, we announced several enhancements to CCH Axcess and other products. We also published our annual trends survey, Top Challenges and Priorities for Firms: Then and Now. And CPA Practice Advisor gave CCH Axcess Portal a 5-star review.
- November. Next, a webinar with Accounting Today looked at Firm Operations and Administration, including how strong firm management policies help accounting firms be more profitable. Then we published a whitepaper called “The Power of Workflow,” written by workflow experts from Boomer Consulting. And Sheila Jackson from Casey Peterson, Ltd. shared that firm’s experience with moving to the cloud in a case study.
- December. Finally, this month we gave you 40 ways to maximize your tax season performance. In addition, a series of CCH Axcess Tips & Tricks webinars helped firms learn how to increase efficiency.