CCH Axcess and the CCH ProSystem fx Suite Help Customers Grow, Manage and Protect Their Businesses
(SAN FRANCISCO, CA, October 23, 2017) – During the 13th annual CCH Connections User Conference, Wolters Kluwer Tax and Accounting showcased a series of enhancements to CCH Axcess™, the profession’s first cloud-based, modular tax workflow solution suite operating from a single, core database, and CCH® ProSystem fx®, its on-premise solution. Both award-winning solutions support the entire Digital Tax Workflow process and help firms grow, manage and protect their businesses.
“Wolters Kluwer is enhancing CCH Axcess Tax and CCH ProSystem fx Tax with new features, capabilities, integration points and technologies to help firms deliver first-class service to their clients,” said Jason R. Marx, CEO of Wolters Kluwer Tax and Accounting, North America. “Whether it’s creating new efficiencies, increasing workplace and remote productivity, or helping increase firm profitability, we’re committed to providing our customers with innovative technologies.”
CCH Axcess Portal and CCH Client Axcess
The new 2-step verification feature in CCH Axcess Portal helps firms protect client information. This type of system relies on verification of two or more factors (for example, a password and a mobile device) in order to log in to a portal. The 2-Step Verification feature is currently available for customers using the standalone version of CCH Axcess Portal. For customers using CCH Axcess Portal integrated with CCH Axcess Document or CCH ProSystem fx Document, 2-step verification will be available starting in November.
CCH Axcess Practice
The recent enhancements to CCH Axcess Practice build upon last year’s improvements that made Accounts Receivable and Billing and Reporting functionality significantly easier and more streamlined. This year’s enhancements provide added efficiency, including:
- Additional billing options that can help save time regardless of the billing model a firm uses
- Easier navigation of the billing process, provided by the continued addition of HTML 5 functionality
- Advanced editing capability to allow for total control of invoice formatting
CCH Axcess Workstream
When a regulatory due date changes, projects must reflect that change. CCH Axcess Workstream has always made it easy to update projects, but integration with the CCH IntelliConnect Tax Calendar now makes these updates even faster. CCH Axcess Workstream’s library of approximately 2,500 forms will update within two business days of an update to the tax calendar. This change positions CCH Axcess Workstream for deeper integration in the future with CCH IntelliConnect’s database of over 10,000 forms.
CCH Axcess Document
A new CCH Axcess Document integration with CCH Axcess Tax, CCH ProSystem fx Tax and Global fx lets users easily attach PDF files from Document to their clients’ tax returns. Users simply click and attach. The Document window displays a list of PDFs for their client.
This year, users of the CCH My1040Data electronic organizer will have the opportunity to integrate with third-parties. This is an efficient way for clients to link to 10 of the largest brokerage houses and electronically download their annual tax documents directly into our My1040Data electronic organizer, with more brokerage houses coming on in future offerings.
CCH ProSystem fx Tax and Global fx
The recent CCH Axcess Tax and CCH ProSystem fx Tax updates are designed to navigate complex regulations, support effective firm management, and accelerate firm growth. Starting with the November/December 2017 releases, highlights that both solutions will offer include:
- Allows users to mark diagnostics as ‘signed-off’. Users can see All, Signed-off, or Open diagnostics, speeding up the review process. Users can also un-sign off a diagnostic.
- IRS & State Security Requirements
- New Multi Factor Authentication – Though not required this year, firms will be able to opt in at the firm level. If they opt in, user logins will require an additional piece of information to authenticate the user. (CCH Axcess only)
- Usability enhancements to the CAPTCHA requirement – will be much easier to read and will include audio.
- 1040 Federal
- First Extensions – Users can now check a box to have us automatically create extensions for all taxing authorities in the return. This is a huge time saver!
For CCH ProSystem fx Tax and Global fx Tax, some additional highlights include:
- Users can now print PDF attachments on the print dialog, whether the return is selected for e-file or not.
- In the return and in Production Processing, users can preview and print selected/multi-selected K-1 packages (to separate PDFs).
- User can now hit ‘All’ and multi-select to the Print Estimates print package.
- QuickBooks import
- 1040 Import from QuickBooks – Targeted for December
- New for tax year 2017, users will be able to import 1040 data from QuickBooks. This import will be provided through the G/L Direct feature.
Open Integration Platform
The Open Integration Platform allows customers and vendors alike to seamlessly integrate their applications and custom solutions with Wolters Kluwer’s cloud platform. New APIs will allow firms to access Reject report details, the history report, and validation error details. In addition, the new Data Axcess APIs allow for more direct access to information in the CCH Axcess Practice and Workstream databases. We are also continuing to add new OIP partners, in addition to building our own integrations.
About Wolters Kluwer Tax and Accounting
Wolters Kluwer Tax and Accounting is a leading provider of software solutions and local expertise that helps tax, accounting, and audit professionals research and navigate complex regulations, comply with legislation, manage their businesses and advise clients with speed, accuracy and efficiency.
Wolters Kluwer Tax and Accounting is part of Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL), a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2016 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY).