As of November 2017, the District of Columbia will require electronic filing for:
- sales and use tax returns; and
- specialized use tax returns;
- special events returns;
- street vendor returns; and
- applications for sales tax exemptions.
The efiling mandate applies to:
- FR-800A – Annual (includes bulk filings);
- FR-800Q – Quarterly (includes bulk filings);
- FR-800M – Monthly (includes bulk filings);
- FR-800SM – Monthly;
- FR-800SE; and
- FR-800V – Quarterly.
Electronic Filing Portal
The District’s electronic filing portal is at MyTax.DC.gov.
Subscribers can find more information online at The Official Blog of the D.C. Office of Tax and Revenue.
Upcoming Changes to DC’s Sales and Use Tax Filing Process, District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue, September 12, 2017