This is Part 2 in our Cool Culture Counts series, featuring Wesley Middleton, Managing Partner of MiddletonRaines+Zapata. The first webinar, Making Your Firm a Great Place to Work, discussed how a firm’s physical environment affects firm culture. Don’t miss the introduction to the series: 5 Keys to a Cool Culture.
A cool place to work – You say you want it, but why? Why do you want a cool culture? Because someone came back from a seminar and said, hey, we need to do this? I am going to assume for just a minute that you are not sure why the place matters. After all, if we don’t start with purpose, will it ever have an effect?
Our purpose for a great place is:
- Developing a work hard/play hard environment that people want to be a part of
- Creating a collaborative environment
- Fostering an environment that supports ideas, answers and is results driven
A firm’s physical environment covers so many areas that we can take for granted or may think don’t matter. I believe that a key to retention is the physical environment. Culture matters and investing in your culture can pay off exponentially. Here are the some of the ideas we covered in our first webinar:
Some of the fun stuff:
- Pool table
- Ping pong table
- At least 3 monitors, wide screen
- Wireless keyboard, mouse
- Earbuds, WiFi
- Open environment, lower profile, no cubicles
- Paperless (REAL paperless)
- No paper routing sheets – Workflow System
- Microsoft Teams
If you want to learn more about what these ideas are about, join me for our first webinar, Making Your Firm a Great Place to Work, as we discuss the importance of Place in a Cool Culture.