Wolters Kluwer is hosting a live two-hour webinar, State Income Tax Apportionment Rules – Market-Based Sourcing and Other Developments, on Tuesday, March 21, 2017, at 1 p.m. Eastern; noon Central; 11 a.m. Mountain; 10 a.m. Pacific. Presented by Michael Bannasch, CPA, M.S.T., this webinar will guide you through not only the basic issues and current developments regarding state income tax apportionment, but also explain how specific states interpret and apply market-based sourcing. Using concrete examples, you will gain an understanding of both the theory behind the changes in apportionment, and how these changes specifically impact your clients or your company. During the program, you will be briefed on the latest developments and given the opportunity to ask questions directly to Mr. Bannasch.
Program topics include the following:
– Apportionment basics and mechanics beginning with traditional three-factor apportionment
– The continuing movement toward single sales factor apportionment
– The need to understand your clients’ or your company’s revenue streams to ensure proper sourcing
– The differences between cost-of-performance and market-based sourcing for sales of services
– Market-based sourcing and how different states apply it in different ways
The learning objectives include the following:
– Discuss the current apportionment environment for multistate taxpayers
– Clarify the confusing differences in how states apply the cost-of-performance and market-based sourcing rules
– Explain both the opportunities and the risks of market-based sourcing
– Identify and manage complex apportionment issues
Recognize opportunities that can arise as a result of intentionally creating nexus
Registration can be completed online at http://www.cchwebinars.com or by calling 1-800-775-7654. The fee is $129 for a single user. Each registered user for this webinar also receives a complimentary issue of CCH’s Journal of State Taxation in electronic format.