With the end of the year right around the corner, now is the time to reflect back to see where we’ve been. 2016 was an eventful year for Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting tax preparation software. Let’s take a look at the year in review.
Q1 – Starting the year off strong
During busy season,we focused on ways to make our customers more efficient through collaboration and integration.
- January. Before the tax season rush, our customers attended Tax Update Webinars to learn about the latest enhancements, legislation changes and new forms for electronic filing. We also looked at digital collaboration tools with Accounting Today.
- February. As Tax season started to heat up, we looked at how Wolters Kluwer customers are benefiting from integrated software solutions. Case studies featuring GellerRagans and Thomas St. John Group showcased efficiency gains achieved in the real world.
- March. Accounting Today talked to Vice President of Product Management John Barnes about the CCH Axcess Open Integration Platform, and Wolters Kluwer’s vision for the future of accounting technology.
Q2 and Q3 – Reviews and Awards
In the middle of the year, we continued to help firms find more efficient ways to work, as the accolades came in from around the profession.
- April. CCH Axcess got a 5-star rating from CPA Practice Advisor in the 2016 review of professional tax preparation systems. CCH ProSystem fx Tax received a 4.75 star rating. We also looked at how a digital tax workflow can help firms be more profitable.
- May. Our Technology Personas survey with Accounting Today showed that accountants are more tech-savvy than people give them credit for. We also learned how Global Mobility Tax, LLP uses CCH Axcess to serve clients with complex tax needs.
- June. Wolters Kluwer products led several categories in this year’s Accounting Firm Operations and Technology Survey published by Randy Johnston, Leslie Garrett and Brian Tankersley. CCH ProSystem fx Scan was the leader in scan solutions, used by 20% of firms surveyed. CCH ProSystem fx Tax was the leader in tax preparation software, with 30% of firms surveyed indicating they use that product.
- July. Accounting Today published their 2016 Tax Prep Software Comparison Guide, showing how CCH Axcess Tax and CCH ProSystem fx Tax compare to the competition. In addition, we looked at data security in the cloud, compared to on-premises.
- August. Our Accounting Today panel discussion featuring Joday Padar, Wesley Middleton and Marc Staut wowed the crowd with efficiency and effectiveness tips for future-ready firms. We also discussed the Mobile Workforce and recruitment.
- September. CCH Axcess won the K2 Quality Award for Best Tax Technology. We also discussed how to enhance your client relationships in a webinar for Accounting Today and talked to 2 firms that moved their tax preparation to the cloud.
Q4 – Getting ready for tax season
As the year came to a close, firms started to gear up for busy season once again.
- October. We went beyond the basics to help you decide which tax software meets your needs. And we looked at 10 signs your tax software didn’t perform well in 2016. At our User Conference, CEO Jason Marx discussed technology and CPA firm transformation.
- November. Radical CPA Jody Padar walked us through her tax return review process. And Jim Boomer discussed the importance of enabling a distributed workforce.
- December. This month, we’ve already debunked 3 popular tax technology myths. And we have a lot more in store!