With the end of the year right around the corner, now is the time to reflect back to see where we’ve been. 2016 was an eventful year for Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting firm management software. Let’s take a look at the year in review.
Q1 – Firm Management during busy season
During busy season, new features helped customers manage their firms more efficiently.
- January. Customers began tax season with new features in CCH Axcess Practice including improved invoice editing and enhanced billing workflow.
- February. A new case study looked at how Thomas St. John Group uses CCH Axcess. The firm says that the integrated clocks save at least 10 minutes a day per staff member because staff doesn’t have to manually calculate time spent on individual tasks.
- March. More case studies! Nancy Ekrem of Dewar Meeks + Ekrem says CCH Axcess Practice makes billing “easier and faster.” In addition, Randall Sansom discussed how he uses CCH Axcess Practice to stay aware of what his remote employee is working on.
Q2 and Q3 – Researching and refining your operations
After the rush of tax season, firms spent the spring and summer months evaluating their workflows and looking for ideas to improve processes.
- April. CPA Practice Advisor reviewed CCH Axcess Practice and CCH ProSystem fx Practice Management in their annual review of practice management systems. Both systems received 4.75 stars!
- May. We published our firm management whitepaper, “The Managing Partner’s Guide to Building a Future Ready Firm” and looked at Client Service Myths that get in the way of firm success.
- June. Product Manager Samantha Grovenstein-Deal teamed up with Wesley Middleton of MiddletonRaines+Zapata to discuss cloud-based firm management in a webinar for Accounting Today.
- July. Once again, Samantha Grovenstein-Deal shared her expertise with a list of Best Practices for Time and Billing on our Tax & Accounting blog.
- August. A new whitepaper by Dustin Hostetler and Michael Wherry of Boomer Consulting, Inc., looked at Efficiency Metrics that Matter, including cycle time, process cycle efficiency, output/throughput and revenue by full time equivalent. And we discussed overlooked ways to improve your firm management.
- September. With summer behind us, we turned our attention to professional development, discussing how software training adds value to your firm. A guest post by Boomer Consulting, Inc. President Sandra Wiley looked at different learning styles and the types of training that work best for each individual.
Q4 – Getting ready to make it happen
After the relative calm of the summer, firms begin to look ahead to the next busy season. New products, features and processes need to be in place before tax season starts in January.
- October. While we geared up for CCH Connections: User Conference 2016, guest poster Jay Tompkins discussed Value Pricing. Later, CPA Practice Advisor covered the hotly-anticipated mobile time entry app for CCH ProSystem fx Practice Management.
- November. Earlier this month, customers were introduced to even more new features in CCH Axcess Practice. Especially noteworthy enhancements included more billing options, better navigation of the billing process, and advanced editing capability.
- December. With plenty of time until tax season, you can expect real-world tips for a productive and profitable 2017.