Note: This year’s CCH Connections: User Conference 2016 features 75 sessions in 7 different tracks. With so much great content, it can be hard to choose which sessions you want to attend. That’s why we’ve invited several presenters to preview some of their ideas in a series of guest posts. This post is by Wesley Middleton, CPA, Managing Partner of MiddletonRaines + Zapata. His session, “Creating a Cool Culture” is available at two different times in the Management track.
CPAs can be cool. We just have to work a little harder at it. Some would even say that CPA and cool don’t belong in the same sentence. But, hey, if Google & Apple can do it, why can’t we? As the managing partner of a CPA firm, I have made it my mission to be the coolest firm in the nation. It has been a great three years and with the support of an incredible team and partners that believe in the importance of culture, we have done it! After being voted Houston’s #1 Place to Work, being referred to as the “Google of accounting firms” and recognized as the fastest growing CPA firm in the US, we want everyone to know what it means to have a cool culture!
I can’t wait to share the experiences, successes, failures and fun we’ve had building the #MRZCULTure! Here are a few points we will cover:
- What is Culture? No, not just the definition, but what does it really mean? We are going to cover that. Learning what culture is is key to having a great culture.
- Is Culture Important? It is the MOST important element of an organization. It starts at the top. Do you need ammo to convince partners? I will arm you with an arsenal of reasons why culture has to be a focus of your firm.
- Unlimited PTO? Yes! We will cover this in depth. Need a policy or want more ideas on how to implement? We will provide actual documents and information that you can take back with you to your firm and develop your own program. It works and can work for you.
- Culture Marketing. What does it mean to market your culture? Is it necessary and how do we do that? This could be just as important as marketing your firm to potential clients. Answers will be provided!
- How Do We Make It Cool? That is the million-dollar question. This is the fun part, sharing all of the things we do to make our culture cool. This won’t just be concepts, take away all of the best practices and things we do that our team thinks are cool.
- Technology. This is a key component to culture and tells your team just how cool you are. Sure, efficiency and other metrics matter but have you considered what effect tech has on your culture and how can it change your culture? It matters.
- 3 Things to Start Doing. Walk away with 3 things you need to start doing right now to affect your culture and make it cool.
- 3 Things to STOP Doing. Yes, that’s right. You’ve gotta stop this stuff!
Staff level to managing partner, come get the ideas and answers to having a cool culture!
CCH Connections 2016 will features seven different tracks, with more than 75 sessions that have been developed exclusively for CPAs to help take you and your firm to the next level. Register Today!