Professionals have a lot of different options for earning CPE credits, but one of the best and most overlooked sources for CPE is a technology user conference. Technology user conferences, like CCH Connections 2016, are sponsored by technology vendors and typically feature several days’ worth of informative sessions and networking opportunities. However, many professionals are reluctant to take time off, especially if it involves travel expenses.
Conferences can be worth the expense, though. Web conferences are no substitute for in-person learning for a lot of reasons. Here are just a few reasons that attending a technology user conference is worth the effort:
- Learn from the experts. Industry-known speakers and facilitators provide valuable information on hot industry topics, trends and technologies. At a technology user conference, there are likely to be dozens of these experts, and you may even get the opportunity to chat informally with them to gain even more insight in between sessions or after hours.
- Endless networking opportunities. Accounting can be a lonely profession, but technology user conferences bring together hundreds of like-minded professionals to brainstorm and exchange ideas with. Meet influential colleagues and generate new solutions to common problems, like increasing profitability and solving staffing challenges.
- Evaluate and Learn. If you’re thinking of implementing a new technology or process, the opportunity to interact with established users of that technology is invaluable. Technology vendors often showcase their latest software and future road-maps, so you can see what’s new and plan for what’s coming down the road.
- More bang for your buck. You could spend all year trying to accumulate 20 CPE credits, but a technology user conference gives you the chance to take a big chunk out of your CPE requirements in just a few days. You’ll also have a lot more topics to choose from, so you can decide whether to broaden your horizons or dive deep into a single topic.
- Have some fun! Once you’ve soaked in all the knowledge from the speakers and breakout sessions your day will be far from over. Most technology vendors host fun and exciting evening events so you can enjoy some of the local experiences while you’re there.
CCH Connections 2016 will features seven different tracks, with more than 75 sessions that have been developed exclusively for CPAs to help take you and your firm to the next level. Register Today!