Technology can be a major driver of growth when deployed strategically. This whitepaper examines technology trends that are contributing to the substantial changes in how tax and accounting firms do business. Sandra Wiley (COO, Senior Consultant, and Shareholder with Boomer Consulting, Inc.) outlines three key areas of growth, and shares these 10 strategies to consider when building your firm’s growth plan:
- Develop a technology strategy plan and budget.
- Approach security from a risk management perspective.
- Know your firm’s key performance indicators
- Ensure leadership, management and accountability are part of technology
- Utilize an IT steering committee
- Look outside your won four walls
- Look outside the accounting profession
- Treat vendors as business partners
- Improve your processes proactively
- Promote a training and learning culture.