Event Helps Professionals Connect for Success
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., August 27, 2009) – The agenda for the CCH User Conference 2009 ensures tax and accounting professionals have access to the latest information and highest value in learning and networking opportunities. The one-of-a-kind event brings together leading practitioners and industry authorities to connect with one another, share best practices, explore industry trends and help firms innovate with intelligent solutions to increase profitability and growth through focused educational sessions and networking opportunities.
The CCH User Conference will take place October 25-28, 2009, at the Gaylord National® Convention Center in National Harbor, Md. near Washington, D.C. CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business is a leading provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services (CCHUserConference.com).
The agenda features keynote speeches from today’s thought leaders; a wide range of CPE-accredited educational opportunities; insights on best practices and information on the latest tools and trends.
Dynamic keynote speakers will address topics important to every tax and accounting professional, including leadership, innovation and technology. Speakers include:
- Joe Calloway, Business Author and Consultant on Competitive Performance
Calloway is a business author, performance consultant and restaurant owner whose client list reads like a “Who’s Who” in business. A wide range of companies depend on Calloway for insight into today’s marketplace. Calloway is the best-selling author of Becoming a Category of One, and his newest book is Work Like You’re Showing Off! – The Joy, Jazz, and Kick of Being Better Tomorrow Than You Were Today.
- Mark Sanborn, Bestselling Author and Noted Authority on Leadership
Sanborn is president of Sanborn & Associates, Inc., an idea studio dedicated to developing leaders in business and in life. Sanborn is an international bestselling author and noted authority on leadership, team building, customer service and change.
- Kevin Robert, CEO, Wolters Kluwer Tax and Accounting
Heading worldwide tax and accounting operations, Robert has significantly expanded CCH’s global footprint in serving professionals with market-leading solutions. He is consistently recognized by Accounting Today as one of the Top 100 Most Influential People in the industry.
- Mike Sabbatis, President, CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
Sabbatis leads CCH in serving as a strategic partner to professionals, providing leading integrated online solutions and helping them build more intelligent businesses. One of Accounting Today’s Top 100 Most Influential People, Sabbatis has more than 28 years experience in the software, technology and information industries.
Conference Sessions Provide Innovative Ideas, Authoritative Information
The CCH User Conference offers a full program of CPE-accredited sessions to help attendees meet their professional needs and take full advantage the latest information and technology. Sessions range from interactive lectures to hands-on workshops and are organized on five tracks: Accounting & Audit; Firm Management; Tax; Technology; and General Topics. Attendees can choose from a variety of classes and workshops to create the curriculum best suited to their needs. A sampling of available sessions include:
- Accounting and Audit Research Best Practices (Large Firms)
- GAAP Update
- GAAS Update
- IFRS – Beyond the Basics
- Introduction to ProSystem fx ActiveData
- Introduction to ProSystem fx Knowledge Coach
- ProSystem fx Engagement Best Practices – Accounting & Audit
- Understanding CCH’s Knowledge-based Audit Methodology
- XBRL – Best Practices
- The Accounting Firm of the Future
- Building Value
- CPAs and Social Media – Passing Fad or Valuable Tool?
- Creating Customer Happiness
- Disaster Planning for CPA Firms
- The Economics of Running Today’s CPA Firm
- Employee Retention and Hiring in Today’s Competitive Market
- Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining
- Is Your Website Working for You? 10 Ways to Measure Your Website ROI
- Why CPAs Get Sued – and How to Make Sure You Don’t
- 2009 Tax Law Update — Changes and Opportunities
- Hot Topics in Tax Practice and Procedure
- The Next Generation of ProSystem fx Tax
- Preparing for the Cost Basis Reporting Law
- ProSystem fx Engagement Best Practices — Tax
- ProSystem fx Scan Best Practices
- ProSystem fx Tax Best Practices
- ProSystem fx Tax — What’s New for 2009
- The Power of Scan and AutoFlow
- Sales & Use Tax Compliance and Audit and SST
- Stimulus Bill — Encouraging Investments in Business Assets
- Tax Implications of Moving from U.S. GAAP to IFRS
- Tax Planning for Distressed Times — Liquidity and Losses
- Tax Research Best Practices
- Year End Tax Planning — The Tried and True, The Creative and New
- Choosing the Right Scanning Technologies
- Implementing ProSystem fx Client Portal and Portal
- Implementing Virtualization Technologies
- IT Management for the ProSystem fx Suite
- IT Vision and Strategy
- Microsoft’s New Windows 7 Considerations
- Put Yourself on Cloud 9 — Connecting Your Clients, Staff and Workflow
- SaaS — the ProSystem fx Suite
- Supporting and Optimizing ProSystem fx Document
- Trends in IT Management
- A Whole New World — the ProSystem fx Suite
- Best Practices for Retaining Knowledge in Your Firm
- Introduction to ProSystem fx Workstream
- Multi-Office Firms Best Practices
- ProSystem fx Document Best Practices
- ProSystem fx Fixed Assets — Asset Tracking and Management Techniques
- ProSystem fx Practice Best Practices
- ProSystem fx Practice — Project Management and Integration
- ProSystem fx Practice Management Best Practices
- What’s New with ProSystem fx Document
- What’s New with ProSystem fx Practice
- What’s New with ProSystem fx Scan
2009 User Conference Builds on Success
Since its inaugural event, CCH has set the standard for a tax and accounting user conference, now drawing over 1,000 professionals annually. Overwhelmingly, 2008 attendees said they would attend future conferences, with many bringing with them additional members of their firm.
For More Information
The CCH User Conference 2009 will be held October 25-28, at the Gaylord National Convention Center in National Harbor, Md. near Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit CCHUserConference.com or call 1-800-739-9998, then select option 1, followed by option 2.
About CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business (CCHGroup.com) is a leading provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals since 1913. Among its market-leading products are The ProSystem fx® Suite, CCH® TeamMate, CorpSystem®, CCH® IntelliConnect™, Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. CCH is based in Riverwoods, Ill.
Wolters Kluwer is a leading global information services and publishing company. The company provides products and services for professionals in the health, tax, accounting, corporate, financial services, legal, and regulatory sectors. Wolters Kluwer had 2008 annual revenues of €3.4 billion, employs approximately 20,000 people worldwide, and maintains operations in over 35 countries across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Visit www.wolterskluwer.com for information about our market positions, customers, brands, and organization.