(RIVERWOODS, ILL., April 3, 2006) – Now, there is a comprehensive one-stop resource from Aspen Publishers and CCH, part of the Wolters Kluwer Law & Business group, for professionals working in the field of mergers and acquisitions. The Mergers & Acquisitions Integrated Library gives practitioners online access to an unparalleled collection of materials from CCH and Aspen Publishers all in one common interface on the CCH Internet Research NetWork.
“This Library contains the materials that experts look to first for insight and strategies – notably works by Martin Ginsburg and Jack Levin – along with authoritative collections of primary source materials,” said Steve Santel, Aspen Publishers product manager.
The Mergers & Acquisitions Integrated Library consists of a core of analytical and primary resources plus optional materials:
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Buyouts by Martin D. Ginsburg and Jack S. Levin – This invaluable resource provides deal-making strategies that will ensure the best financial and tax benefits for your clients. Mergers, Acquisitions, and Buyouts covers not only the federal income tax aspects of acquisitions, but also the other aspects of corporate acquisitions, including state corporate law, securities law, accounting, fraudulent conveyance law, HSR antitrust reporting, and contract terms that are important in negotiating, structuring and effectuating an acquisition.
- Structuring Venture Capital, Private Equity, and Entrepreneurial Transactions by Jack S. Levin – This insightful resource offers detailed strategies to help you minimize tax and other liabilities, maximize your clients’ returns and avoid a myriad of legal pitfalls. You’ll find a dynamic transaction-by-transaction approach, offering unparalleled coverage of the tax, SEC, corporate, accounting, HSR, bankruptcy and economic consequences of every type of transaction.
- Delaware Law of Corporations and Business Organizations by Jesse A. Finkelstein and R. Franklin Balotti – The authors offer expert advice for directors and officers regarding M & A activity. Includes coverage and interpretation of Delaware law and practice.
- Structuring Mergers and Acquisitions: A Guide to Creating Shareholder Value by Peter Hunt – This guide establishes a framework for analyzing each transaction from a financial perspective, and evaluating options in terms of how they create value today or to better position a company. It provides expert analytical case studies of real M & A deals as well as guidance, tips and techniques for managing every phase of a merger, acquisition or restructuring, with the goal of increasing value.
- Takeovers: A Strategic Guide to Mergers & Acquisitions by Meredith M. Brown, Ralph C. Ferrara, Paul S. Bird, and Gary W. Kubek – The leading source for guidance on legal, securities and state corporate law in M & A, this guide discusses the many considerations a bidder must address such as: assessing a target’s defenses; starting a tender offer and the disclosures required at initiation; Rule 14e-c and other limitations regarding inside information; and filing requirements in proxy contests.
- Takeover Defense by Arthur Fleischer, Jr. and Alexander R. Sussman – This resource provides expert guidance on defending against a hostile takeover.
- Internal Revenue Code and Regulations – Includes full text of the Internal Revenue Code and regulations.
Optional, Complementary Materials:
- Corporation Service – Current full-text coverage of the business corporation laws and limited liability company acts of all 50 states and the District of Columbia, annotations of current cases, plus a practice guide providing expert analysis of key issues.
- Blue Sky Law Desk Reference – A concise resource on Blue Sky law regulating the issuance and sale of securities, as well as the licensing and activities of issuers, broker-dealers, agents and state and federally regulated investment advisers.
- Federal Securities Law Reporter – The single most authoritative reporter of federal securities laws, regulations, interpretations, no-action letters, accounting releases and court decisions. Includes weekly updates.
- Bankruptcy Law Reporter – This reporter contains the full text of bankruptcy laws along with cases. It also includes the Bankruptcy Code and Supreme Court Rules of Procedure in full-text. Biweekly updates.
- SEC Docket – A weekly compilation of releases from the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- U.S. Securities Cases Archive – Securities cases from 1941 to 1996.
- SEC No-Action Letters – Full text of more than 55,000 of the most significant SEC no-action or interpretive letters from 1971 to the present.
- Corporate Acquisitions and Mergers by Peter F.C. Begg, J.J. Henning – A guide to the practical issues involved conducting mergers and acquisitions transactions in 50 significant economies of the world.
- International Mergers and Acquisitions by Meredith M. Brown – This guide shows how international mergers and acquisitions are different from their domestic equivalent. Key issues addressed include reconciling the tax and accounting systems and divergent merger legislation of different jurisdictions, differences in corporate culture and governance, cross-border communications and basic logistical difficulties of an international transaction.
- International Securities Outlook – This newsletter tracks the latest regulations and news from the major trading centers of the world. Issued monthly.
- SECnet – A comprehensive system for online securities filing research and document retrieval. A link to SECnet is provided for convenience. Separate charges apply for usage on a subscription or pay-as-you go basis.
“The Library is designed to follow a professional’s workflow – links in the treatises provide instant access to the related primary source materials, making everything more valuable and saving precious time,” Santel said.
The primary source materials, treatises and news/current awareness publications all appear in a common interface. Citations to primary sources are linked to the full text of the source documents, and researchers are able to search across the entire library or any parts of it they designate.
All resources in the Mergers & Acquisitions Integrated Library are updated on a regular basis.
For More Information
For more information on the Mergers & Acquisitions Integrated Library, including pricing, call 800-344-3734 or contact a sales representative at 888-224-7377 .
About Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
Wolters Kluwer Law & Business is a leading provider of research products and software solutions in key specialty areas for legal and business professionals, as well as casebooks and study aids for law students. Its major product lines include Aspen Publishers, CCH, Kluwer Law International and Loislaw. Its markets include law firms, law schools, corporate counsel and professionals requiring legal and compliance information. Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, a unit of Wolters Kluwer, is based in New York City and Riverwoods, Ill.
Wolters Kluwer is a leading multinational publisher and information services company. The Company’s core markets are health, corporate services, financial services, tax, accounting, legal, regulation, and education. Wolters Kluwer has annual revenues (2005) of €3.4 billion, employs approximately 18,400 people worldwide and maintains operations across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Its depositary receipts of shares are quoted on the Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. For more information, see www.wolterskluwer.com.