(RIVERWOODS, ILL., October 4, 2005) – CCH, a leading provider of tax and accounting law information, software and services, is sponsoring an audio conference on strategies for coping with the alternative minimum tax (AMT) on Friday, October 21, 2005 – 2 p.m. Eastern; 1 p.m. Central; tax.cchgroup.com/AudioConferences. “AMT: Strategies to Escape Its Reach” is a 100-minute audio conference that shows tax professionals how to solve client problems with this increasingly bothersome feature of the tax system. The seminar offers participants a convenient way to get the very latest strategies to help clients minimize their AMT, ask questions of an expert analyst and earn two hours of CPE credit.
More taxpayers each year are subject to the complex and onerous AMT — even those with household incomes under $100,000. “AMT: Strategies to Escape Its Reach” will provide practical guidance to tax practitioners seeking to ease the sting of the AMT for their clients. Seasoned tax professional Joseph Walloch, CPA, MBA, MBT, has prepared strategies that can be put to work right away.
Walloch’s insights will help participants:
- Devise tax strategies for minimizing or eliminating AMT;
- Understand current AMT legislative developments, rulings and case law — particularly the impact of proposed legislation and Presidential Panel recommendations;
- Maximize the legal fees expense deduction including discussion of new legislation and the Banks-Banaitas Supreme Court decision;
- Be up-to-date on recent incentive stock option cases and proposed legislation;
- Develop tax planning strategies to salvage itemized deductions such as property taxes, state income taxes, “direct” taxes, legal fees, securities related expenses, and other miscellaneous itemized deductions;
- Optimize timing of income and deductions, including depreciation and amortization; and
- Plan tax strategies to maximize the use of credits including the AMT credit and recent credit cases.
Along with detailed handout materials, each site registering for this audio seminar will receive the following bonus items:
- A free copy of CCH’s Tax Planning Strategies: Tax Savings Opportunities for Individuals and Families (2005-2006); and
- A free copy of CCH’s Top Tax Issues for 2005.
About the Speaker
Leading the audio conference will be Joseph Walloch, President and CEO of Walloch Accountancy Corporation in Redlands and San Bernardino, Calif. and professor of advanced taxation and advanced financial accounting at the University of California, Riverside. Walloch has more than 35 years experience as a CPA, including working for the IRS and has served as a contributing tax analyst on the topic of the AMT in CCH’s Law, Explanation and Analysis of the Working Families Tax Relief Act of 2004. Walloch has authored articles and columns on taxation issues and served as an expert speaker at AICPA tax conferences.
For More Information
For more information or to register for the audio conference, go to tax.cchgroup.com/AudioConferences or call 800-775-7654. Those interested can r egister online using a credit card at www.krm.com/cchor send an e-mail to Seminars@cch.com. To register by phone, call Customer Service at 1-800-775-7654. Please have your credit card information ready. The per-site fee for the conference is $249. Two hours of CPE credit are available for an additional $25 per person wishing to receive a CPE certificate for their participation.
About CCH Tax and Accounting
CCH Tax and Accounting (tax.cchgroup.com), based in Riverwoods, Ill., is the nation’s premier provider of tax and accounting information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals and their clients since 1913. Among its market leading products are The ProSystem fx ® Office, CCH ® Tax Research NetWork ™, Accounting Research Manager ™ and the U.S. Master Tax Guide ®. CCH Tax and Accounting is a Wolters Kluwer company.
Wolters Kluwer is a leading multinational publisher and information services company. Wolters Kluwer has annual revenues (2004) of €3.3 billion, employs approximately 18,400 people worldwide and maintains operations across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (www.wolterskluwer.com). Its depositary receipts of shares are quoted on the Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.