(RIVERWOODS, ILL, September 2, 2005) – CCH Tax and Accounting (CCH) said today it has put into place a disaster recovery plan for customers whose businesses and practices are affected by Hurricane Katrina. The program is designed to help all CCH customers who use the company’s information and research products and its ProSystem fx Office tax and accounting software portfolio.
“CCH and its employees extend their heartfelt sympathy to our friends, colleagues, customers, business partners and others who have been affected by Hurricane Katrina,” said Kevin Robert, president and CEO of CCH Tax and Accounting. “CCH is providing special assistance and support during this very difficult time.”
Information and Research Product Customers
CCH customer service representatives are ready to help those who need to replace destroyed products, change shipping addresses, retrieve IDs and passwords or who have any questions about their service or accounts. Customers can call toll-free, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT, 1-800-344-3734, Monday through Friday, contact CCH via e-mail using the form located at http://support.cch.com/csinquiry or visit http://support.cch.com.
In addition, the company has activated its Customer Disaster Recovery Program, which includes, among other things:
- Replacement of any print products, free of charge, as available. Products that can’t be replaced because they are out of print or no longer available in the original format will be replaced with a like product. The replacement policy does not apply to casebooks, transfer binders, transfer casebooks or historical volumes of annual publications.
- A temporary hold on mailings of all product updates, newsletters, invoices and billing statements to our customers located in the disaster area. Customers may contact the company when they are ready to resume mailings by calling 1-800-344-3734.
- Automatic renewal of product subscriptions that end before customers are able to resume their business or practice, so service is uninterrupted and products stay current and complete.
- Keeping all CCH Tax Research NetWork product IDs and passwords active so customers may continue to access and use web and online subscription products from remote locations.
- Providing temporary access to products via the CCH Tax Research NetWork while print or CD products are being replaced.
CCH ProSystem fx Software Customers
CCH ProSystem fx software customers affected by the hurricane also will receive special support. For additional information – or direct assistance replacing ProSystem fx software products, documentation and permission keys – customers should call the ProSystem fx Customer Service Department at 800-PFX-9998 (800-739-9998), option 4, between 8 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. CT. ProSystem fx customers also may send their questions and comments to a special e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special assistance to ProSystem fx customers includes:
- ProSystem fx replacement software, at no charge.
- Free access to Global fx, the online version of ProSystem fx software hosted on CCH servers, on an interim basis.
- Optional service center printing of tax returns for the remainder of the year, at no charge.
- Replacement and shipping of ProSystem fx supplies to a new office location, at no charge.
- A temporary hold on mailing of all product updates, newsletters, invoices and billing statements to our customers located in the affected areas. Customers may contact CCH at 800-PFX-9998 (800-739-9998), option 4, to designate a new mailing, shipping or e-mail address.
- Automatic renewal of licensing agreements that end before customers are able to resume their business or practice, allowing service to remain uninterrupted and products to stay current and complete.
- Waiver of late fees and any overdue notices.
About CCH Tax and Accounting
CCH Tax and Accounting (www.tax.cchgroup.com), based in Riverwoods, Ill., is the nation’s premier provider of tax, audit, and accounting information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals and their clients since 1913. Among its market leading products are The ProSystem fx® Office, CCH® Tax Research NetWork™, Accounting Research Manager™ and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. CCH Tax and Accounting is a Wolters Kluwer company.
Wolters Kluwer is a leading multinational publisher and information services company. Wolters Kluwer has annual revenues (2004) of €3.3 billion, employs approximately 18,400 people worldwide and maintains operations across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (www.wolterskluwer.com). Its depositary receipts of shares are quoted on the Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.