- Best advise clients on how to deal with retirement plan assets during a divorce to avoid undesired tax consequences;
- Properly calculate vehicle depreciation for 2004;
- Understand the latest rulings on deductibility of long-term care insurance;
- Determine if the sale of a home is under unforeseen circumstances allowing it to qualify under the capital gains rules—even if the owner occupied it less than two years; and
- Use the disabled access credit for small businesses.
* * * * *
This story is from the CCH’s monthly Focus on Tax newsletter, which provides advise and guidance on federal and state tax issues for tax and accounting professionals.
Read this article from CCH’s Journal of Taxation of Financial Products.