(RIVERWOODS, IL., April 14, 2004) – Professionals who draft estate plans and administer trusts and estates now have a comprehensive one-stop electronic resource for all their research needs: CCH Estate Planning Expert Library from CCH Tax and Accounting. The new Library integrates trusted, authoritative materials, practice tools and news from CCH and Aspen Publishers in a convenient online environment. CCH Tax and Accounting is the nation’s leading provider of tax and accounting information, software and services (tax.cchgroup.com).
“The information, analysis and tools that are the first choice of professionals in the field are now being delivered together in a dynamic environment offering unparalleled authority and ease of use,” said CCH Product Manager Alexandra Barrionuevo.
The Library is available in two different modules – the Estate Planning and Drafting Module and the Trust and Estate Administration Module – or as a combined set.
The primary source materials, treatises and news/current awareness publications all appear in a common interface.
“The interplay between the different types of resources is the key to making this a comprehensive solution,” said Barrionuevo.
Citations to primary sources are linked to the full text of the source documents. Researchers can perform citation and keyword searching across the entire Library or any parts of it they designate. Subscribers can customize their CCH Tax Tracker News service to automatically search each day’s new developments for items of special interest and create an individualized news release, with optional e-mail delivery. All resources in the Library are updated on a regular basis, which ranges from daily to annually according to publication.
The core of the Estate Planning Expert Library contains news and current awareness materials, primary source material and practice tools. To this core, the Estate Planning and Drafting Module and the Trust and Estate Administration Module add definitive treatises and forms.
Specifically, the core Library includes:
- CCH Tax Tracker News: A customizable daily news service including e-mail notification of developments according to the user’s customized profile.
- Practitioner’s Strategies: A series of columns by noted estate planning practitioners on topics of current interest, emerging trends, etc.
- Estate Planning Review: Monthly newsletter covering financial and estate planning trends and presenting planning techniques to meet changing legal requirements.
Primary Source Material
- Internal Revenue Code
- Federal Tax Regulations
- IRS Estate Planning and Valuation Publications
- IRS Estate Tax Publications (Pubs. 448, 904 and 950)
- IRS Valuation Publications (Pubs. 1457, 1458, 1459)
- Other IRS Publications
- Letter Rulings and IRS Positions
- Rulings and Other Documents
Practice Tools, Aids and Quick Answers
- Key Tax Rate Data
- Federal: Tables Rates Credits: Tax Tables: Unified Rates and Credits; Transfer Tax TimeLine; Applicable Federal Rates
- State: All-State Compendiums – all 50 states and District of Columbia
- CCH IRS Actuarial Tables
- Multistate Guide to Estate Planning by J.A. Schoenblum
- CCH FinEst Calcs (Software provided on separate disc)
Modules Provide In-depth Focus
A summary of content in each of the two modules follows.
Estate Planning and Drafting Module
- Estate Planning by A.J. Casner & J.N. Pennell: Encyclopedic coverage of estate planning practice, from complex transfer tax laws and essential strategy to inter vivos gifts and post-mortem activities.
- Price on Contemporary Estate Planning – A resource and reference tool for estate planning professionals who wish to provide clients with high-quality, personal services and comprehensive, fully-integrated estate plans.
- Drafting the Estate Plan by D.A. Handler & D.F. Dunn – Points out the pitfalls and opportunities created by each law, rule, and case discussed, includes 55 user-friendly forms with annotations that can be downloaded to the user’s desktop.
- Multistate and Multinational Estate Planning by J. A. Schoenblum – Explores the legal aspects of individual wealth transfers across state and national boundaries, including in-depth doctrinal analysis, workable strategies for the multi-jurisdictional client and policies underlying multi-jurisdictional practice.
Trust and Estate Administration Module
- Income Taxation of Fiduciaries & Beneficiaries by B. Abbin – A practice-focused discussion of the state law trust accounting rules and Subchapter J of the Internal Revenue Code presented within the context of the life cycle of a trust or estate, with numerous examples included and 27 separate case studies that are reflected in filled-in sample tax and related-information returns.
- Federal Income Taxation of Estates, Trusts, & Beneficiaries by M.C. Ferguson, J. J. Freeland and M.L. Ascher – Step-by-step guidance for dealing with preparation of the decedent’s final return, characterization of income in respect of a decedent, computation of distributable net income (DNI), the interaction of the system of taxation of trusts and estates and the passive activity rules, the grantor trust rules and the rules relating to split interest charitable trusts.
- Access to CCH® perform plus II™ Interactive Forms.
Availability and Pricing
For more information or to subscribe to the CCH Estate Planning Expert Library, call 800-449-8114 or visit the CCH Online Store at onlinestore.cch.com. A one-year, single-user subscription to both modules of the Estate Planning Expert Library is $2,299.
A subscription to the Estate Planning and Drafting module alone is $1,800; a subscription to the Trust and Estate Administration module alone is $800. A subscription to the CCH Federal Estate and Gift Tax Reporter can be added to any Estate Planning Expert Library subscription for $338.
About CCH Tax and Accounting
CCH Tax and Accounting is the nation’s leading provider of tax and accounting information, software and services (tax.cchgroup.com).
CCH INCORPORATED’s Federal and State Tax group, CCH Tax Compliance and Aspen Publishers Tax and Accounting group comprise the CCH Tax and Accounting unit. The unit’s web site can be accessed at tax.cchgroup.com.
CCH INCORPORATED, headquartered in Riverwoods, Ill., was founded in 1913 and has served more than four generations of tax and business professionals and their clients. Aspen Publishers (www.aspenpublishers.com), headquartered in New York, is a leading information provider for attorneys, business professionals and law students. Written by the nation’s leading authorities, Aspen’s products consist of analytical and practical information in a full range of formats.